[Chiles - jalapenos, chipotle, hot peppers]
[Sugar - cane, brown sugar, honey]
[Dairy - butter, milk, cream]
[Onions, scallions or shallots]
[Beans and legumes]
[Citrus: lemon, lime, orange]
[Dates and figs]
[Nuts and seeds]
[Game birds, cornish hens, quail, duck]
[Squash, acorn, butternut]
[Cabbage (green, napa, bok choy)]
Browse recipes with ingredient:
Chiles - jalapenos, chipotle, hot peppers
Has yielded 4
- Stout BBQ Sauce
- Adapted from a recipe served at Philadelphia's La Terrasse, this sauce is rich with stout flavor. Grear uses Guinness Stout, but I tried this with Alaskan Smoked Porter instead, and omitted the liquid smoke flavoring to compensate. It worked well, too.
- Soused Pork
- Make this ahead of time for best flavor, keeps in the fridge for several days.
- Coconut Lime Stout Marinade
- Island spices such as allspice and Scotch bonnet peppers make this marinade rich and satisfying.
- Bacon Wrapped Fiery Shrimp
- Homebrewer Canepa brought these fiery shrimp to a "hop luck" dinner at Tyranena Brewing Co. and says it was a hit. She thinks the marinade would work well on all kinds of kabobs.